There is no accommodation in Diefenbach.

270 m above sea level, 68 residents, 142 ha

In the middle of a brook valley by the Demichbach, surrounded by forests and meadows, is the little Eifel town of Diefenbach; the starting point for extensive hikes through the Alfbachtal Valley and the peaks of the southern Vulkaneifel and the Kondelwald.


Highway A1 runs to the west of Diefenbach. If coming by train on the Koblenz-Trier railway line, get off at the Ürzig-Bahnhof or Wittlich HBF stops.

 

 

History of Diefenbach

Diefenbach was first officially mentioned in 1439, when vassals of Colin von Neuerburg, Burgmann of Neuerburg.

Diefenbach came under French rule in 1794, and was assigned to the Kingdom of Prussia at the Congress
of Vienna in 1815.

Diefenbach has been part of Rhineland-Palatinate since this state’s establishment in 1946.

 

 

 


Individual monuments in Diefenbach


  • Alte Dorfstraße: 1715 erection of the sandstone cross which today stands at the front of the chapel  



                               
  • 1768 erection of the chapel honouring the Virgin Mary by the Reverend Jakob Michels from Hasborn, today the Catholic filial church of St Mary, a small baroque hall construction.